Pages

Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Not Feeling It


I don't feel like writing today.  I felt like I might want to write this morning, but sometimes the best slices come later in the day.  I thought to myself, "I'm way too busy this morning.  I'll just write this afternoon after I have something really good to write about." That something never came along.

The more I thought about having to write, the less I wanted to plan a time to actually sit, and think, and process a good slice of the day.  I figured I should go ahead and get something on "paper" before I get wrapped up in the day and forget.

Somewhere along the way, I have gotten myself stuck in a rut.  I feel like I'm doing an okay job treating others with cheer and love. I've been good at projecting happiness and optimism.  The trouble now is being optimistic with myself.  I can't really pinpoint one specific thing, but I just feel like I'm not being the best I can be.   Tomorrow I should be able to leave by 5:30.  Tomorrow I can start digging myself out of this little hole I've found myself in.

So far, Tuesday Slices off to a rough start.

Just to end on something more positive, we have been helping host the Jr. High zone meets for track.  I helped with pole vault, something I've never done before, and learned quite a bit!  The very best part was watching a girl clear her personal best.  She wasn't even one of our students, but seeing her face and the smiles and hugs all around from coaches, parents, and friends was wonderful.  It's great to see kids so excited about their achievements and to see that they have so much support.  Moments like that are the reason I love coaching (and teaching, really), even when they aren't my own kids.

3 comments:

  1. You actually found your slice and I enjoyed reading it! We all have those "not feeling it" kind of days. But the best part was you still wrote...good for you ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I managed to entirely miss writing on Tuesday--kept waiting for that slice to come to me, then had a lot of evening parenting drama and never got back to my computer. So glad you found a slice after all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yup! There are days we don't feel like writing just like our students. You pushed through and wrote! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete